About First Baptist Christian Academy
(Elementary and Middle School ONLY)
FBCA is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI). First Baptist Christian Academy is dedicated to academic excellence and the continual improvement of its academic offerings. Accreditation status is reviewed on a periodic basis; therefore, FBCA maintains continuous self-study and improvement mechanisms to insure the quality of our academic programs. FBCA is also a member of the Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS). Our teachers are certified and hold degrees that qualify them to teach the subject/grade level for which they are employed. All of our staff members have made professions of faith in Jesus Christ and seek to serve Him through the ministry of teaching children.
To teach the Good News of Jesus Christ to our students and their families, and equip them academically and spiritually to serve Him.
At FBCA we understand that all students are created and loved by God. We exist to provide a Christ centered Bible-based education. Along with high academic standards, we emphasize the importance of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We encourage students to strive to reach their full potential through their study of academics and scripture. We also encourage them to discover the gifts and talents God has blessed them with and to answer God’s spiritual calling to serve others for His glory.
To develop students academically and spiritually who mature into Godly leaders that impact their community for Jesus Christ.
The Christian Faith: Unity in Christ in the essentials; charity in Christ in all else.
Governance: Under God, in loving submission to one another according to God’s Word.
Bible Verse: And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. Luke 2:52 NIV
First Baptist Christian Academy (FBCA) began as a kindergarten for the local community in 1964. Mrs. Joan Hamlin served as the administrator leading it to grow to 18 sections of kindergarten. In the early 70’s, as the public schools began to offer kindergarten, First Baptist expanded the academy to include a preschool program for three and four year olds as well as kindergarten. Visions of an elementary school took shape in the 90’s as the elementary school began to grow one grade level at a time completing the sixth grade in 2000.
FBCA launched 7th grade in 2012 and 8th grade in 2013, as they faithfully continued the process of expanding the ministry of educating today’s youth to be tomorrow’s leaders for society. Currently FBCA serves approximately 300 students in preschool through grade seven offering full-day kindergarten and up to two sections of each grade. FBCA values a low teacher/student ratio, and class sizes are limited to no more than 20 students.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. The Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary for the salvation of lost and sinful men.
5. In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
6. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation.
7. Heaven and Hell are definite places.
8. In the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
To help children develop a Biblical worldview.
HOW DO WE ACCOMPLISH THIS?
While seeking God’s guidance and blessing, it is the goal of the FBCA staff to provide a quality, accelerated, academic education to every student - from three year olds in pre-school through twelve year olds in sixth grade. Daily, through formal and informal methods, students are encouraged to come to know Jesus Christ, as revealed through His Word, prayer and fellowship with Christian teachers and students.